Friday, June 26, 2009

Some days are better than the others

I believe in my heart that the sooner we let this maxim sink in our individual heads, the easier we can ease off serious nagging thoughts pulling us down. It has been proven that the mind can sometimes play tricks on us. Its joke may even follow us all the way to our beds at night.

I have to admit that I have had days when I made mountains out of mole hills just because the red lights got me more than once from home-to-work or vice versa. There were also moments of frustrations when I 'thought' I missed on something crucially important because I dragged my feet reaching a decision. Things can become even more alarming when obsession sets in and I start blaming the slightest unsatisfactory result to my lackluster effort. If you see me freaking out then, it is because an edit button was nowhere to be clicked.

But that was then and this is now. I have made amends with the misanthropic-perfectionist in me. I have kept my composure in check by psyching myself down that even seemingly best plans can go awry, but never my original intention. It is about forgiving myself for being human, for being flawed, and for being a work in progress. I even thought life is a lot like playing bowling: Some balls are bound to gravitate towards the gutter. I just have to make good on my next throw.

And that did it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment